About Jose Marti MAST 6-12 Academy
The global demand for mathematics and science careers are at an all time high throughout the World.
Students in Miami-Dade County Public Schools, now have a third choice to attend one of the “All Choice” Mathematics and Science magnet schools known as MAST.
The MAST academies all provide the necessary high-end preparation and skills for students to successfully attend top level mathematics and science universities.
We are Jose Marti MAST 6-12 Academy of Mathematics and Science Technology where students will focus on one of three strands; Life Science, Physical Science or Computer Science.
Our school is absolutely committed to providing the very best teaching and learning that is available in today’s modern world. The beauty of our new “small” Combination School (Under 1,000 students), is that your child will receive a sound uninterrupted and specifically focused education from 6th -12th grade.
There are three important factors that make up an effective educational institution. Our Academy will make sure that your child gets what he/she needs by continuously fostering the necessary resources to insure your child’s safety, providing a sound curriculum and promoting healthy extracurricular activities. I have outlined some points below to clearly provide an understanding of what we have to offer your child here at MAST Academy.
Student Safety and Well Being
- Guidance counselors and teachers provide positive behavioral strategies throughout the school year.
- Sound school rules enforced by school security, school police and school administrators.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Always providing high quality teachers who use the very latest technology and modern teaching methods.
- A rock solid curriculum designed to provide a strong foundation in Science and Mathematics.
- A focus on real research and hands on learning to be sure that each student is ready for the real world.
- Extracurricular Activities
- Middle and High School Academic clubs and activities including SECME and Chess.
At Jose Marti MAST 6-12 Academy, the entire school is thematically tied to scientific and mathematical research, methodology, and most importantly to the application of the sciences. The expected outcome would be to graduate students with a firm and enriched background in the sciences as well as all aspects associated with it. Students will become seasoned critical thinkers with well thought goals for their futures.
The purpose of Jose Marti MAST 6-12 Academy of Mathematics and Science Technology is to provide students with a challenging curriculum that will expose them to critical thinking, the nature of science, mathematics, computer technology and scientific research throughout their middle and high school years.